Wayne JG Hellstrom, M.D., FACS
- Graduated from McGill University – 1981
- Surgery Residency – McGill University – 1981 – 1983
- Residency – (Urology) University of California at San Francisco, 1983-1986
- AUA Scholar / Fellowship (Andrology) – University of California at Davis, 1986-1988
- Board Certification, American Board of Urology, 1988
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons, 1990
- Full-time faculty at Tulane since 1988
- Significant experience in microsurgical reconstruction, diagnostic ultrasound, advanced male infertility procedures, and latest therapeutic modalities for erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, premature ejaculation, testosterone deficiency and replacement therapy.
Dr. Wayne J.G. Hellstrom is Professor of Urology and Chief of Andrology (male infertility and sexual dysfunction) at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, where he has been since 1988. His practice is specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunction including Peyronie’s disease, surgical and vascular reconstruction, prosthetic surgery, male infertility (both surgical and medical therapies), BPH, and urethral stricture disease.
A clinician, author, and lecturer, Hellstrom has published approximately 400 peer-reviewed articles in professional publications and has contributed numerous chapters in textbooks. He also is the editor of “Male Infertility and Sexual Dysfunction” and “The Handbook of Sexual Dysfunction” and Androgen Deficiency and Testosterone Replacement: Current Controversies and Strategies.”
Dr. Hellstrom earned his undergraduate and medical degrees at McGill University in Montreal, completed his urology residency at the University of California at San Francisco, and his AUA Scholarship / Fellowship at the University of California at Davis. He has been awarded many honors in the field of urology, male infertility, and erectile dysfunction.
Appointments and achievements include:
- Chief, Section of Andrology (Male Infertility and Sexual Dysfunction)
- President of the International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM)
- Past President of the Sexual Medical Society of North America
- Past President of the American Society of Andrology
- Reviewer on Editorial Board on numerous journals
- Associate Editor for Urology (Gold) journal
- Editorial Board, Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Editorial Board, Journal of Urology
WHAT PATIENTS ARE SAYING...
Dr. Spencer Krane
New intake with Dr. Spencer Krane went great! He took the time to listen to me and come up with a plan that makes sense. It's nice when you find a physician that fits. Thanks!
Advanced Prostate Cancer Can Be Successfully Treated
Men with advanced prostate cancer can be treated with androgen derivation therapy. ADT reduces the testosterone level which often serves as fuel for prostate cancer cells.