- Dr. Cooper Benson was born in Augusta, GA and was raised in Louisville, KY. His family hails from New Orleans and Shreveport, Louisiana.
- He completed his undergraduate education at Tulane University graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience.
- He then went on to complete his medical education at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his first year of General Surgery at LSUHSC, New Orleans before moving to Houston, TX.
- He completed his Urology residency at the University of Texas- Houston and MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- After his Chief residency in Houston he went on to spend the next year at Columbia University in New York City.
- At Columbia University, he completed a fellowship in genitourinary reconstructive surgery with the world renowned Dr. Steven B. Brandes. At Columbia University, he had extensive experience in the treatment of complex urethral stricture disease, ureteral strictures management, male incontinence, genital reconstruction, urinary fistulae, urinary diversion, neurogenic bladder and transitional urology.
- Dr. Benson is one of the few Urologists in the Gulf South region trained in complex urethral reconstruction among other aspects of reconstructive urology and seeks to provide the Gulf South with specialized reconstructive urologic care.
Contact our office for more information or for an appointment with Dr. Benson.