504 891 8454


It has been my observation that many men often taking better care of their automobile then they do of their health. Therefore, it is important that we then participate in the medical care of their partners.

Here are a few things you should keep in mind regarding your male love one’s urologic health:

1. Erectile dysfunction or impotence is often a sign of something more serious. About 70% of men with erectile dysfunction have existing medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, or heart disease. The more advanced disease diseases R., the more at risk a man is for erectile dysfunction. In most cases, erectile dysfunction is treatable. If your loved one has erectile dysfunction, encourage him to seek medical care.

2. Male infertility is more common than you think. In approximately 40% of him infertile couples, the male partner is either the sole cause or a contributing cause of the couples inability to conceive or have a baby. If he has blood in urine, pay attention. All men who have blood in the urine should see their medical doctor\urologist

3. Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in them between ages 20-35. Although there is nothing to prevent testicle cancer, if the cancer is caught early, there is a high cure rate. Signs of testicular cancer include persistent pain or a lump or bump in the testicular area. If your man feels any discomfort in his testicle, it is important that he see a urologist. Just as women are advised to perform a breast self-examination on a monthly basis, men should also perform a monthly testicle examination. For more information on performing that testicle self-exam please go to: http://tulaneurologygardendistrict.com/articles/testes-self-examination-tse

Bottom Line: Of course, we are all responsible for our own health. The buck and the health report card stop with each and every one of you. But sometimes men need a little encouragement and that our partners need to prod us a little to take good care of ourselves and when necessary see a physician.